DAVID WELLS was born
Abt. 1817 in Kanawha County, Virginia, and died 10 April 1885 in
Washington Courthouse, Fayette County, Ohio. He married Sarah
Tackett in October of 1840 in Kanawha County, Virginia (later called
West Virginia). She was born Abt. 1818 in Kanawha County,
Virginia, and died 18 October 1891 in Washington Courthouse, Fayette
County, Ohio. David was a carpenter.
So far I have been unable to connect Sarah to the rest of
Tacketts of Virginia. If Tackett wasn't her maiden name perhaps
she was previously married to a Tackett. The are lots of Wells
and Tacketts living near each other in the early Kanawha County
records. There are some deed records showing land dealings
between them as well. The amount paid for the parcels of land
indicates a relationship between the two families.
Following are the known children of David Wells
and Sarah Tackett:
1. John L. Wells, born Abt. 1841.
2. Francis "Frank" M. Wells, born Abt. 1843.
3. James Alfred Wells, born 3 February 1845 in Charleston, Kanawha County, Virginia
4. Anna Wells, born Abt. 1849.
5. Sarah J. Wells, born Abt. 1853.
6. Virginia A. "Alice" Wells, born Abt. 1857.
JACOB KNAPP'S ANCESTORS KNAPP SURNAMES INDEX FURTHER SOURCES
PAGE FAMILY WELLS
FAMILY TAYLOR FAMILYCENSUS
You can E-mail Wyatt R. Knapp at